System Restore Doesn't Work

• Thread starter Thread starter Guest
  • Start date Start date
G

I can't restore my computer using this option. I choose a "bold" date and it starts to shut down. It goes thorugh the motions and when it restarts it tells me "Restoration Incomplete" "you computer could not be restored" It does not allow me to choose any dates prior to 6/22/04. I think my roomate did something to my computer which scared him and thought it would be fixed by restoring it to an earlier time. He restored it to an earlier time on that same date when he should have restored it to a earlier date like 6/18/04 which is a restore point. I've done many system restores without problems in past. Why would it not restore? I have the space. My roomate did something wrong at 1:43 pm on 6/22/04 and I guess after trying to fix it for hours; at 6:30 pm; he restored it to 4:30 pm on 6/22/04. Which didn't fix the problem. He denied succeeding with the system restore once I got home from work. My question is why can't it be restored? Possibly a virus?

Have your roommate pay for the time it will take a professional to diagnose and fix the
problem. Then password protect your system so no one but you can gain access. Aside from
that, usually disabling System Restore, then rebooting, then enabling System Restore fixes
many System Restore problems. Unfortunately it also removes all previous Restore Points.
But, if system Restore doesn't function, then those old Restore Points are useless anyway.
--

T.C.
t__cruise@[NoSpam]hotmail.com
Remove [NoSpam] to reply

So Helpless said:
I can't restore my computer using this option. I choose a "bold" date and it starts to
shut down. It goes thorugh the motions and when it restarts it tells me "Restoration
Incomplete" "you computer could not be restored" It does not allow me to choose any dates
prior to 6/22/04. I think my roomate did something to my computer which scared him and
thought it would be fixed by restoring it to an earlier time. He restored it to an earlier
time on that same date when he should have restored it to a earlier date like 6/18/04
which is a restore point. I've done many system restores without problems in past. Why
would it not restore? I have the space. My roomate did something wrong at 1:43 pm on
6/22/04 and I guess after trying to fix it for hours; at 6:30 pm; he restored it to 4:30
pm on 6/22/04. Which didn't fix the problem. He denied succeeding with the system restore
once I got home from work. My question is why can't it be restored? Possibly a virus?

Back