Switchboard form items opening with a filter

• Thread starter Thread starter Guest
  • Start date Start date
G

I have a switchboard where the buttons open my forms. Whenever a form is opened from these buttons, the existing data is filtered out... ie 0 records show until new data is added in the form. When I click "Remove Filter" from the Records menu all my data appears in the form. These filters are not on when I open the forms directly, not using the Switchboard. How can I turn them off in my Switchboard design?

Hi Laur

Using the switchboard manager, change the command for each button from "Open form in Add mode" to "Open form in Edit Mode

That should do the trick

Alternatively, you can edit direcly in the Switchboard Items table change the command column from 2 to 3 for the items that are causing you problems

----- Laura wrote: ----

I have a switchboard where the buttons open my forms. Whenever a form is opened from these buttons, the existing data is filtered out... ie 0 records show until new data is added in the form. When I click "Remove Filter" from the Records menu all my data appears in the form. These filters are not on when I open the forms directly, not using the Switchboard. How can I turn them off in my Switchboard design?

Thank you, Peter! You are a genious

----- Peter DAve wrote: ----

Hi Laur

Using the switchboard manager, change the command for each button from "Open form in Add mode" to "Open form in Edit Mode

That should do the trick

Alternatively, you can edit direcly in the Switchboard Items table change the command column from 2 to 3 for the items that are causing you problems

----- Laura wrote: ----

Back