Super Frustrated !! No Access to Secure Sites - Page Cannot Be Displayed

G

My frustration level has gone through the roof !! I’m sure I’m just one setting away from accessing my secure sites…!! But I don’t know if I ever will and I don’t know what to do next !!!

The following is what I have for my IE:
Version 6.0.2800.1106.xpsp2.030422-1633IC
Cipher Strength - 128-bit,
Product ID 55736-OEM-5525121-04906
Update Versions: SP1
Q822925
Q828750
Q811383
Are there other updates that I should be downloading to access secure pages? Am I supposed to go in a sequence to download or change settings? I used the firewall that was checked when I set up my dial-up connection to the internet. Even when the firewall was not on my connection, I still couldn’t access secure sites.

I continue to have the problem of "This Page Cannot Be Displayed" when I try to access secure sites. I deleted my user profile once and re-registered my files. However, then I restored my system to an earlier date…does this negate everything? I have the SSL 2.0, SSL 3.0, TLS 1.0 settings checked. I don’t want to continue going to the library to access my subscription software programs.

Also my IE still shuts down after session work.

G

Do you have more than one Internet service provider? If so uninstall the latest one you installed and use the original ISP.

G

I had the same problems. I couldn't update McAfee Virus, Send or receive Msn Mail, Yahoo Mail, or enter any secure sites, Until I restored my computer to a time before I updated windows with all the security patches. Now everything works great, but no patches. I know other people are having this problem. I'd like to hear a safe cure for this.

G

I am having exactly the same problems!!

However, my system seems to have decided there are no more restore points at present (despite there being a month's worth dated back to the 7th of December two days ago), so I am really unsure as to how I should rectify this problem.

Ask a Question