subforms

  • Start date Start date

jagsdj

All,

I seem to have a little problem with forms/subforms/etc. Here is my
scenario ...

I have a header in my access form where a user is allowed to search for
many fields as the please. For instance, there is an ID, ownername,
owner address, city, state and zip. Data can be entered in all or one
of the fields, which then builds a query based on the number of
textboxes that have data in them. There is a command button on in the
"search" area called, appropriately, "search". Once clicked, it will
populate the subform.

The last part is where i'm having trouble, how would I get the command
button to populate my subform??

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks
Jagsdj

Hi Jagsdj,

Have you tried requerying the subForm. Example:

Me.SubFormName.Requery

I hope this helps! If you have additional questions on this topic, please
respond back to this posting.

Regards,

Eric Butts
Microsoft Access Support

"Microsoft Security Announcement: Have you installed the patch for
Microsoft Security Bulletin MS03-026? If not Microsoft strongly advises
you to review the information at the following link regarding Microsoft
Security Bulletin MS03-026
<http://www.microsoft.com/security/security_bulletins/ms03-026.asp> and/or
to visit Windows Update at <http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com/> to install
the patch. Running the SCAN program from the Windows Update site will help
to insure you are current with all security patches, not just MS03-026."

--------------------
| From: jagsdj <[email protected]>
| Subject: subforms
| Date: Sat, 7 Feb 2004 23:27:24 -0600
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.access.forms

All,

| I seem to have a little problem with forms/subforms/etc. Here is my
scenario ...

| I have a header in my access form where a user is allowed to search for
many fields as the please. For instance, there is an ID, ownername,
owner address, city, state and zip. Data can be entered in all or one
of the fields, which then builds a query based on the number of
textboxes that have data in them. There is a command button on in the
"search" area called, appropriately, "search". Once clicked, it will
populate the subform.

| The last part is where i'm having trouble, how would I get the command
button to populate my subform??

| Any help is appreciated.
|
| Thanks
| Jagsdj