Subform won't grow

• Thread starter Thread starter Guest
  • Start date Start date
G

I have a form with a subform which diplays a list of related sub-records. The subform is in "continuous form" view with a scrollbar. My client would like to see that subform grow when she maximizes the parent form. The "can grow" property on the subform apparently applies only when the form is printed. Is there a way to do this? If so, how

TIA

Rob Rohrboug
Rob_RSD at yahoo dot com

OK, solved my own problem again. Reversed my size adjustments as follows

Private Sub Form_Resize() ' Automatically resize claim list
Dim lngHeight As Lon

lngHeight = Me.InsideHeight ' in "twips" or 1/1440 inc
fsubClaimEntry.Height = lngHeight - (1.574 * 1440
Me.Section(acDetail).Height = lngHeight - (1.0011 * 1440

End Su

I simply resized the subform before I resized the parent form's detail section - viola! No vertical scroll bar on the parent form - either when maximizing or restoring the window. Works when resizing the parent form by dragging and dropping its border too

----- Rob Rohrbough wrote: ----

Well, I solved part of my problem. Getz, Litwin, and and Gilbert's Developer's Handbook is a wonderful reference, and it addresses this issue. I can resize the subform, allowing more detail records to show with this code

Private Sub Form_Resize() ' Automatically resize claim list
Dim lngHeight As Lon

lngHeight = Me.InsideHeight ' in "twips" or 1/1440 inc
Me.Section(acDetail).Height = lngHeight - (1.0011 * 1440
fsubClaimEntry.Height = lngHeight - (1.574 * 1440

End Su

The only problem is that, when I restore the form to its original size, a spurious vertical scroll bar appears on the master form. It is almost as if the detail section wasn't set back to its original size. I tried adding "Me.Refresh" after setting the heights, but that made no difference. Anyone know what is going on

TIA

Ro

----- Rob Rohrbough wrote: ----

I have a form with a subform which diplays a list of related sub-records. The subform is in "continuous form" view with a scrollbar. My client would like to see that subform grow when she maximizes the parent form. The "can grow" property on the subform apparently applies only when the form is printed. Is there a way to do this? If so, how

TIA

Rob Rohrboug
Rob_RSD at yahoo dot com

Back