Student Needing Help

  • Start date Start date

I am currently writing HTML pages using Wordpad. Everytime I place an image
on my webpage it is blocked. I have disable and enabled every setting
available to IE. I get the information bar and select allow content and it
still won't show my images. This has just all of sudden happened. I can
surf the web and it allows images but it won't for my HTML. Any suggestions
? Please help. THanks.

Hi,
If javascripts were triggering the Information Bar, I'd post the following
answer. See if it helps with your images problem... (It sounds like the same
problem.)
Hi,
There are three workarounds for this:
1. Rename each .HTM file to .HTA while it's still on your HD. HTA files
aren't as restricted.
2. Give each page the "Mark of the Web"
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/workshop/author/dhtml/overview/motw.asp
3. Internet Options> Advanced> Security> check "Allow active content to run
in files on My Computer ."
You will, of course, be giving up some of the enhanced security of the XP
SP2 update.
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/winxppro/maintain/sp2brows.mspx#EIAA

Hope this helps,
Don