StrataFrame Application Framework

• Thread starter Thread starter Robert Fuchs
  • Start date Start date
I had been playing around with CSLA and another commercial framework when I came across an advertisement for StrataFrame in MSDN magazine in December 2005. After downloading the trial version and putting together a quick demo application I found it to be just what I was looking for. The framework that MicroFour has developed is awesome. It allows my staff to concentrate on meeting our user’s business needs rather than worrying about how to move data in and out of a database, data binding, multiple languages, and a multitude of other things. Yet even with all the built in functionality, it is designed to allow the developer to easily add or override features as needed.

When my organization originally purchased the framework it was $1,295 per developer, and I felt that was a bargain. Now at $495 per developer it’s almost like their giving it away. They have continued to enhance the framework by adding new features such as role based security (a low cost add on) and support for DevExpress and Infragistics controls. To top if off their on-line technical support forum is outstanding.

The final thing that sold me on the product is, that unlike competing frameworks, MicroFour “eats its own dog food”. They actually use the framework to develop their own commercial suite of medical practice applications

Back