Status Bar

  • Start date Start date

Status bar keeps applying itself. After I have unchecked it. it will reapply
after I click on a another page. How can I stop the ststus bar from
reappearing until I check it? I am running XP Pro.
Thanks, Bob

Bob L. said:
Status bar keeps applying itself. After I have unchecked it. it will reapply
after I click on a another page. How can I stop the ststus bar from
reappearing until I check it? I am running XP Pro.
Thanks, Bob

Hi,
Try this (adapted from)
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;330216

1. Open Internet Explorer, click View, and then UNcheck Status Bar.
2. Right-click the Toolbar in Internet Explorer, and then click Lock the
Toolbars.
3. Hold down the CTRL key and click the Close button at the upper right
corner to close Internet Explorer.
4. Right-click Start, click Explore, click View, and then UNcheck Status
Bar.
5. Click Tools, click Folder Options, and then click View.
6. Click the Apply to all folders button.

Note: Click OK to confirm that you want to set all the folders to match the
current folder's view settings.
7. Open Internet Explorer, right-click the Toolbar, and then click Lock the
Toolbars.
8. Hold down the CTRL key and click the Close button at the upper right
corner to close Internet Explorer.

And/or, run regedit and verify these values:
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main]
"Show_StatusBar"="no"
"Show_URLinStatusBar"="no"

Be sure to backup the registry before editing.

Another possibility:
Export then delete these keys. Restart.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\ShellNoRoam\BagMRU
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\ShellNoRoam\Bags
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\explorer\StreamM
RU
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Streams

Hope this helps,
Don
[MS MVP- IE/OE]

"Bob L." wrote in message