Spyware killed my browser

I just ran spybot search & destroy, and whatever it deleted, it caused my browser to stop being able to surf. right now I am using netscape, but I want to know where I can download a full install of IE 6.0, not the survice pack. (service pack only updates whats needed, I need a full install to reinstall it *to replace currupted info caused by spyware failsafe*)

Don Varnau

Depending on your OS...
Try LSP Fix from http://www.cexx.org/lspfix.htm and/or one of the other
repair tools near the bottom of that page.

Don
--
MVP IE/OE
Please reply to the newsgroup so that others may participate.

Dontar said:
I just ran spybot search & destroy, and whatever it deleted, it caused my
browser to stop being able to surf. right now I am using netscape, but I
want to know where I can download a full install of IE 6.0, not the survice
pack. (service pack only updates whats needed, I need a full install to
reinstall it *to replace currupted info caused by spyware failsafe*)

Dons: I ran Spybot on a friend's PC to clear off his spyware. After doing so, he can't surf either. Ever site visited gets a "cannot find server" error. However, the connection is there because IM works. Since he's on XP and I'm on 98, I can't download the proper IE, which wants to go to an immediate install anyway. I wanted to download IE on my computer, then put it on a CD to reinstall on his. I think I tried all the proxy clears. Can the Spybot folks help (even with thier "use at your own risk" disclaimer?

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/default.asp
Go there with your Mozilla/Netscape browser and ask to
download IE. If you go with IE it will insist on
downloading the service pack only.

When pasting things in the Windows help forums with
Netscape it would help if you manually inserted carriage
returns...
I just ran spybot search & destroy, and whatever it
deleted, it caused my browser to stop being able to surf.
right now I am using netscape, but I want to know where I
can download a full install of IE 6.0, not the survice
pack. (service pack only updates whats needed, I need a
full install to reinstall it *to replace currupted info
caused by spyware failsafe*)

Don Varnau

Maccduff,
To download all of IE6:
http://browsers.evolt.org/?ie/32bit (up to IE6.0)
http://public.planetmirror.com/pub/microsoft/ie/ (IE6 sp1)
http://www.broomeman.com/support/wsiedown.html

Q174680- Downloading Internet Explorer For A Different Operating System:
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=174680

Don
--

"Maccduff" wrote in message
Dons: I ran Spybot on a friend's PC to clear off his spyware. After
doing so, he can't surf either. Ever site visited gets a "cannot find
server" error. However, the connection is there because IM works. Since
he's on XP and I'm on 98, I can't download the proper IE, which wants to go
to an immediate install anyway. I wanted to download IE on my computer,
then put it on a CD to reinstall on his. I think I tried all the proxy
clears. Can the Spybot folks help (even with thier "use at your own risk"
disclaimer?

Don Varnau

Spybot saves, by default, backups of anything it removes. Try the recovery
button. If restoring all of the items helps, try Ad-aware instead of Spybot.
Ad-aware 6- Lavasoft: http://www.lavasoft.de/software/adaware/

For full downloads of IE (all about 80MB)
http://browsers.evolt.org/?ie/32bit (up to IE6.0)
http://public.planetmirror.com/pub/microsoft/ie/ (IE6 sp1)
http://www.broomeman.com/support/wsiedown.html

Q174680- Downloading Internet Explorer For A Different Operating System:
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=174680

Don

H Leboeuf

The Winsock may have been corrupt. This would or will help.
http://www.cexx.org/lspfix.htm
--

Henri Leboeuf
Web page: http://www.colba.net/~hlebo49/index.htm