SOT: VS 2k8 have the ability to automatic event handling

Jon Slaughter

I know this isn't a VS specific NG but I'm curious as to if VS can automate
handling events in the designer. The issue is that when I, say, double click
a control it has some default event attached to it but what about in
general? I can't find any place where I can select the event to add and have
it add it automatically like it does the default.

Thanks,
Jon

Gilles Kohl [MVP]

I know this isn't a VS specific NG but I'm curious as to if VS can automate
handling events in the designer. The issue is that when I, say, double click
a control it has some default event attached to it but what about in
general? I can't find any place where I can select the event to add and have
it add it automatically like it does the default.

Hmm, not sure I understand you correctly, but try this: select the control,
and in the properties pane, click on "Events" (the "lightning icon)

(If you can't see the properties pane, right-click the control and select
"Properties")

You'll see a list of events supported by this control, including any handlers
already defined. Double-click on a listed event and it will either take you to
an already-defined handler, or create a new one for you. Hope that was what
you were looking for?

Regards,
Gilles.

P.S.: Check out the microsoft.public.vstudio.* groups, e.g.

Jon Slaughter

Jon Slaughter said:
I know this isn't a VS specific NG but I'm curious as to if VS can automate
handling events in the designer. The issue is that when I, say, double
click a control it has some default event attached to it but what about in
general? I can't find any place where I can select the event to add and
have it add it automatically like it does the default.

Thanks,
Jon

Never mind, I think I found it in the events tab. (Thought I remember seeing
that before...)

Jon Slaughter

Gilles Kohl said:
Hmm, not sure I understand you correctly, but try this: select the
control,
and in the properties pane, click on "Events" (the "lightning icon)

(If you can't see the properties pane, right-click the control and select
"Properties")

You'll see a list of events supported by this control, including any
handlers
already defined. Double-click on a listed event and it will either take
you to
an already-defined handler, or create a new one for you. Hope that was
what
you were looking for?

Yeah, thats it. I found it after a few mins searching. I forgot there was an
icon for it(I saw it before but rarely used it and just plain forgot).

Thanks,
Jon