From: Jeff Jorczak
Subject: SmartNavigation, turn off on particular postback
This is the only article in this thread
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet
Date: 2002-02-15 11:49:38 PST

I am using SmartNavigation on a fairly lengthy page the it's working
great. However, on page submittal, if there is a validation error, I
display a message at the top. Because of SmartNavigation, the page
returns scrolled to the bottom, so the user doesn't realize that there
was an error reported.

Does anyone have a way to disable SmartNavigation for a particular
postback (i.e. submit button); or a way to have it scroll to the top?

I have tried placing Page.SmartNavigation = false in the submit button
handler but this didn't seem to have any effect.

Swami

try this, might help you solve the prob:

Register a client script that has the following code.

"window.__smartNav.inPost = true;"

I am not sure whether this will work in all the conditions.
Please test the code thoroughly after this.

Swami.

bruce barker

you'd be better off scrolling the error message into view on display (as
you'd have the same problem with a client validation error).

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)