Smart Client

• Thread starter Thread starter Guest
  • Start date Start date
G

Hi
I want create and test a sample Smart client application. I created form with one button control and posted the executable to a Virtual directory. When I tried to access the exec from Internet explorer, I didn't see the form opening up. The browser is blank. Is there any settings I have to make to run the executable from Web server. My OS is XP-Professional and I am using VS.net 2003 version .

Regards,
Butchi

Here's an article on no touch deployment:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/d...tml/vbtchno-touchdeploymentinnetframework.asp.

Butchi said:
Hi
I want create and test a sample Smart client application. I created form
with one button control and posted the executable to a Virtual directory.
When I tried to access the exec from Internet explorer, I didn't see the
form opening up. The browser is blank. Is there any settings I have to make
to run the executable from Web server. My OS is XP-Professional and I am
using VS.net 2003 version .

Hi Kaim

I read the document and implemented. I found my sample smart client application (app1.exe) working when I use IEExec.exe, but is not working from IE Browser. I have my localhost site in list of trusted sites. And I placed the INTRANET and Trusted sites in Low Security jones. But still it is not working. When running using IEexec.exe, I am getting the usual bubble with partial trusted context message

I also observed (from task manager), the IEExec.exe was not started when the smart the app1.exe smart client application is executed from browser. Could you suggest what else I need to check...

Regards
Butchi V.S. Satulur
----- Ed Kaim [MSFT] wrote: ----

Here's an article on no touch deployment
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/d...tml/vbtchno-touchdeploymentinnetframework.asp

Butchi said:
H
I want create and test a sample Smart client application. I created for
with one button control and posted the executable to a Virtual directory
When I tried to access the exec from Internet explorer, I didn't see th
form opening up. The browser is blank. Is there any settings I have to mak
to run the executable from Web server. My OS is XP-Professional and I a
using VS.net 2003 version

Back