Single Sign On

  • Start date Start date

Tom

I am trying to establish an infrastructure whereby I want
only one login screen for my .net application users.

In my experience, if the user's domain is different than
the application domain, the user is presented with the
Windows login screen a second time.

Is it possible for the browser to pass credentials from
one domain to the next?

If so, can anyone assist?

Tom

Real life example:
Employee turns his PC on and logs on to the network by
entering in his user id, password and domain.

Now my user launches a browser and navigates to the base
site he is presented with a login screen. Note: The base
site is used to gain access to all other applications.

Now if the domain is the same as the application domain,
then when my user logins in he is able to navigate to all
other secure web sites without entering any more
credentials.

But if my user's domain is different than the
application's domain, when he tries navigating to one of
these sites, he is presented with the Windows logon screen.

Hello Tom,

Thanks for posting in the group.

I noticed that you have posted the same question in vsnet.general group. I
have answered it. If you have time, you could check my reply there.

Best regards,
Yanhong Huang
Microsoft Online Partner Support

!From: "Tom" <[email protected]>
!Sender: "Tom" <[email protected]>
!Subject: Single Sign On
!Date: Sat, 30 Aug 2003 13:43:34 -0700
!Newsgroups:
microsoft.public.vsnet.general,microsoft.public.dotnet.languages.csharp
!
!

Back
Top