Simple History

  • Start date Start date

I am looking to do a simple history in an Access Form.

All users will access data through the same form.

I need to record a history entry every time a combo box is changed.

Jobs typicaly progress from "Waiting for Materials" to "Waiting for
Customer" to "Scheduled" to "Completed". Each time this changes, I would
like to record the username that made the change.

I know that proceduraly there are some problems, like if you go from
"Scheduled" back to waiting for customer etc. but all I really care about is
the most recent time it was changed, so it dosnt need to record more than one
level of history per state.

The only real important one is who changed the record from "Waiting for
Customer" to 'Scheduled'. So I created a field in my database for
"UserScheduled" But I am having trouble programming it.

Thank you,
Paul Hilgeman

Paul,

There is a function, Currentuser(), that will return who is
logged on to Windows if that will do the trick. If you need
to be more specific I would think that you would need to
force people to log in to the database to know who they are.

--
Gary Miller
Sisters, OR

"Paul Hilgeman" <[email protected]>
wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

Hi Gary,

CurrentUser() will only apply if User Level Security (ULS) has been
set up on the database. If not, it will just return Admin for all users
of this system. To capture the Windows Network name you can use
the API found here:

http://www.mvps.org/access/api/api0008.htm

Computer name can be found here:

http://www.mvps.org/access/api/api0009.htm

--
Jeff Conrad
Access Junkie - MVP

in message:

Great,

I got it to work, though I did it with a macro upon a status change, and not
that way. I was not able to do it with code in VB.

-Paul

Back
Top