show/hide form or tab based on user login...

  • Start date Start date

i have used the security wizard to setup user logins & p/w for my database, and am thinking about showing/hiding specific forms or tabs on forms based on the user login

i essentially want some named users to see a specific tab or form, and others not

is this something that can be done

would appreciate some guidance on this!

You could use the currentuser() function to get the currently logged in
user name
Put those names in a table and show/hide stuff based on the table, maybe
with a level of access number
John, 2
Mary, 1
John sees one set of stuff, Mary sees something else.
select case variable (variable = [tbluser.level])
case 1
page1.visible = false
case 2
page1.visible = true

etc.

I use a textbox on the form with the current user name in it, and
compare that to the list. If the name is not on the list you can even
throw the user out of the database.
I use network logins for my security, getting the user name with an API
call, but this essentially does the same thing.