Shortcut to foler using WE

  • Start date Start date

Scott Falkner

I have shortcuts on my desktop to network directories. I'd
like these windows to open using Windows Explorer (same as
clicking the "Folders" button).

I can make a shortcut to Windows Explorer, but I don't see
where I can change the defualt directory for the shortcut.

Scott Falkner said:
I can make a shortcut to Windows Explorer, but I don't see
where I can change the defualt directory for the shortcut.

provide the path to where you want explorer to go as a parameter
in the "target" entry. E.g.:

%windir%\explorer.exe H:\myfolder

You can also use UNCs

--
Matt Hickman
Reached his dotage. Wants what he wants when he wants it--and thinks