Sharing

  • Start date Start date

Caravelle

Hi

I have a Epson color 900 and a Lexmark X6170 in a vista OS, the problem is
that 4 others pc running XP can not see the printers, I did share each in
vista

what can I do?

TIA

--

Hi

I have a Epson color 900 and a Lexmark X6170 in a vista OS, the problem is
that 4 others pc running XP can not see the printers, I did share each in
vista

Have the other PCs installed the printers as network printers on their
machines?

I am having same problem. Vista printers shared, all XP boxes in same
workgroup. Everything in that article, I followed to a T. In response to
prior MVP questions, when I try to add network printer on XP boxes in the
workgroup, there is no list of devices populated in the box. It only shows
Micrsoft Windows Network as available selection.

Any further ideas?

Cari (MS-MVP) said:
Make sure all PCs are in the same Workgroup and work you way through the
following article:

Clicking on Microsoft Windows Network should bring up the name of the
Workgroup. Clicking on the Name of the Workgroup should bring up ALL the
PCs belonging to that Workgroup. If they're not showing up, something on
each PC is not set to be shared (ie hard drive)
--
Cari (MS-MVP)
http://www.coribright.com/windows

"Dave with hammer to hit any key" <Dave with hammer to hit any
I am having same problem. Vista printers shared, all XP boxes in same
workgroup. Everything in that article, I followed to a T. In response to
prior MVP questions, when I try to add network printer on XP boxes in the
workgroup, there is no list of devices populated in the box. It only shows
Micrsoft Windows Network as available selection.

Any further ideas?

Back
Top