shared content windows using ME

• Thread starter Thread starter Guest
  • Start date Start date
G

I have windows ME and IE6 and the way it works is if I'm logged into a website on one IE window and open that site on an additional window I'll be automatically logged in and what I'm wondering is if there is a way to prevent this. It's not that I want to be logged into a site under two different names or anything, I just need the content of the windows to not be linked. I know this works in other versions of windows b/c I know many people who are able to do this, I just can't firgure out if it's possible with ME or if I just have something setup wrong. Please help =)

Ok, I've done some research and I believe that the problem with the windows being linked is due to session cookie sharing. I've tried to block all cookies from the website I'm trying to access and can't get it to work. Maybe it will help if I post an example to what I'm actually trying to do. I play this MMORPG game where clicking links is required to accrue armies. Someone in my alliance has developed a program to rapidly go through all of our links to make clicking easier. An image pops up which you have to click the matching number for so they know you are actually clicking the link and not running a program to automatically click them for you and if you don't pick the right number you get a "cooldown" period of 4 min. where you can't click any links, the problem is everyone else can have multiple windows open to click the numbers faster, but if I open one window, then open another, and then click on the first one that opened it will give me a cool down b/c the windows are somehow linked so that the number I clicked is actually responding to the newest window that opened.
Here are 2 links so that you can experiment and see whatI'm talking about:
http://www.kingsofchaos.com/recruit.php?uniqid=7k2c9x32
http://www.kingsofchaos.com/recruit.php?uniqid=625t2t6g

PLease help me. I think it may have to do with IE running with windows ME, b/c the people with XP have no problems.

Well I couldn't figure out what the problem is so I figured I would just go out and buy XP and upgrade, which I did, but I'm still having the same problem, so is there anything that would cause IE windows to not be independent from one another?

Back