Setup project question

  • Start date Start date

Sunny

Hi all,
is there a way to capture a user input values during setup phase of my
project and to store them in a (XML) file for future use, when my app is
executed? I mean something like username, pass, some other configuration
settings?

Thanks
Sunny

Hi,

First you need to choose how the user inputs these values. You may use
Installer's dialog and controls, such as checkbox, textbox and after the
user input these value and click Next, fire the custom action to write
these values to files or registry.

You may write VBS, EXE, JS files as the custom action.

Best regards,
Bradley Jiang

|From: Sunny <[email protected]>
|Subject: Setup project question
|Date: Tue, 9 Sep 2003 09:25:55 -0500
|Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework
|
|Hi all,
|is there a way to capture a user input values during setup phase of my
|project and to store them in a (XML) file for future use, when my app is
|executed? I mean something like username, pass, some other configuration
|settings?
|
|Thanks
|Sunny

Hi,

First you need to choose how the user inputs these values. You may use
Installer's dialog and controls, such as checkbox, textbox and after the
user input these value and click Next, fire the custom action to write
these values to files or registry.

You may write VBS, EXE, JS files as the custom action.

Best regards,
Bradley Jiang

Thanks Bradley,

I'll try to figure it out.