Setting up Address Book in Outlook Express

  • Start date Start date

I've set up OE on my home network, but I can't get the address book from my
desktop PC into my notebook. I've exported the addresses via ..csv, but when
I import using the import tool I get an ERROR IMPORTING TO THE ADDRESS BOOK
message.

buffalo-boy said:
I've set up OE on my home network, but I can't get the address book from my
desktop PC into my notebook. I've exported the addresses via ..csv, but when
I import using the import tool I get an ERROR IMPORTING TO THE ADDRESS BOOK
message.

Have you checked whether or not the Read Only attribute is set. If it
is uncheck it.

Regards,
Emrys Davies.

From: http://www.insideoe.com/backup/simple.htm

Open the Address Book and click Help| About Address Book to see the full
path to the current *.wab file used by all your Identities. Find that file
in Windows Explorer and copy it to your backup media. You can later import
the backup by opening OE and clicking File| Import| Address Book (and find
the .wab file).

I take it when you are Importing your .csv file you are going to
File...Import...*Other* Address Book...and then selecting Text File.

You can also try Exporting using the Microsoft Exchange Personal Address
Book route.

The only export option I have is through Text File. I've saved the Address
Book in my Shared documents file.

I don't see a *.wab path in the About Address Book either. Help!

Hi,
Right click the csv file, check "Properties" for the Read-only attribute.

Also, is the csv file on the HD of the notebook (importing machine?) Create
a folder on the desktop of the notebook, something like "import_temp" and
place the csv file in that folder.

Don
[MS MVP- IE/OE]

"buffalo-boy" wrote in message

buffalo-boy,
You may need open the *.CSV file in Notepad, and add an extra comma (,) to each line. Especially if you did not choose all the available fields when you created the *.CSV file that OE offered.

If you have numerous contacts in the file, it might be easier just to open the *.CSV file in a Data Base program like Works, then add a empty field at the end, then save file as a *.CSV file.

Rich/rerat

(RRR News) <message rule>

The only export option I have is through Text File. I've saved the Address
Book in my Shared documents file.

I don't see a *.wab path in the About Address Book either. Help!

I've set up OE on my home network

What does that mean?

Is MS Office or Outlook also installed on either machine?
--
OE6-specific newsgroup:
OE General newsgroup:

~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)