Services

  • Start date Start date

I have written a VBNET sample service that uses FindWindow to find another
VBNET forms app HANDLE and send it a message via SendMessage. The service
runs under the local system account with INTERACT WITH DESKTOP checked. It
works fine.. I need it to run under a local user account (the local
administror) so I changed the service to run under it. It runs but has
broken my FindWindow and SendMessage. I even have manually found the VBNET
forms app's Handle and jammed it into the VBNET service's sendmessage but it
still doesn't work. (The forms app never receives the message). How can I
get the INTERACT WITH DESKTOP checked back with a user account and NOT the
local system account.
Thanks
BUC

<Buc> wrote in message |I have written a VBNET sample service that uses FindWindow to find another
| VBNET forms app HANDLE and send it a message via SendMessage. The service
| runs under the local system account with INTERACT WITH DESKTOP checked. It
| works fine.. I need it to run under a local user account (the local
| administror) so I changed the service to run under it. It runs but has
| broken my FindWindow and SendMessage. I even have manually found the VBNET
| forms app's Handle and jammed it into the VBNET service's sendmessage but
it
| still doesn't work. (The forms app never receives the message). How can I
| get the INTERACT WITH DESKTOP checked back with a user account and NOT the
| local system account.
| Thanks
| BUC

You can't. Services are not intended to interact with the active desktop,
the fact you can when using localsystem is only meant for debugging
purposes.

Willy.

Back
Top