service pack 3 to non-internet connected pc?

  • Start date Start date

tom

I have one pc running xppro and onother running 2000pro.
I need to download service pack 3 to insure that a new
drive (greater than 137gb) in the 2000pro machine will
work properly. Can I download the sp3 on one machine and
apply it to the other machine since its not connected to
the internet.

--------------------
From: "tom" <[email protected]>
Subject: service pack 3 to non-internet connected pc?
Date: Sun, 14 Mar 2004 13:54:50 -0800
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.win2000.windows_update

I have one pc running xppro and onother running 2000pro.
I need to download service pack 3 to insure that a new
drive (greater than 137gb) in the 2000pro machine will
work properly. Can I download the sp3 on one machine and
apply it to the other machine since its not connected to
the internet.
---

Tom,

Yes you can download the Service Pack on one machine and install it on another. To do so you will need to download the
Network version of the Service Pack download from the following location.

http://www.microsoft.com/Windows2000/downloads/servicepacks/sp3/download.asp

Bill Peele
Microsoft Enterprise Support

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Use of included script samples are subject to the
terms specified at http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyright.htm

Note: For the benefit of the community-at-large, all responses to this message are best directed to the newsgroup/thread
from which they originated.

Back
Top