Server Freeze .NET 2.0 Beta 1

  • Start date Start date

On a Windows 2000 server with all the latest updates, the .Net Framework
freezes the system. IIS 5.1 is installed and SQL Server 2000 is installed on
this development server.

I have changed security settings, timeouts, uninstalled and reinstalled.
nothing seems to help.

The following happens: When opening the ASP.NET tab on IIS, the server
processor goes to 100%. This does not crash the system. When I open an ASPX
page from the server, the server does not spike to 100%, but the entire
server slows in response. Even limiting memory consumption does not help, as
the server memory never falls significantly.

The next operation attempted on the server, even shutdown, now fails and the
server stops responding. Occasionally, if you wait, a screen refresh occurs.
However, you cannot use the task manager, menu system, or shutdown the system
with anything less than a physical reset.

".NET 2.0 Freezes server" <.NET 2.0 Freezes
[...]

It's a beta.

John Saunders

It's a beta.

anyway, he is only of the few to experiment that..
you should try to find out the incriminated code and report to MS.

otherwise 2.0 beta works well at my home ;)

Back
Top