Sending E-Mails "MailTo" Style

  • Start date Start date

I use classes in the System.Net.Mail namespace to send e-mails
programatically.

However what I want to do is the following: When the user clicks a button to
send mail, the effect is like what happens when you click a MailTo link in a
Web Browser. That is, (assuming Outlook is the user's mail client), an
Outlook mail message window is created and pops up on the user's screen.
Various elements of the message have been pre-filled programatically. The
user can add to or change any of these, and then send the message.

How would I do this?

Try this:

System.Diagnostics.Process.Start("mailto:[email protected]?Subject=Test
body&[email protected]&Body=Test body");

This prefilss To, Cc, Subject & Body.

HTH.

"(e-mail address removed)" <[email protected]>
wrote in message I use classes in the System.Net.Mail namespace to send e-mails
programatically.

However what I want to do is the following: When the user clicks a button to
send mail, the effect is like what happens when you click a MailTo link in a
Web Browser. That is, (assuming Outlook is the user's mail client), an
Outlook mail message window is created and pops up on the user's screen.
Various elements of the message have been pre-filled programatically. The
user can add to or change any of these, and then send the message.

How would I do this?

Back
Top