SD Card in card reader not recognised & autoplay not found

Reaction score
Ive been successfully inserting my sd card into my computers card read to upload my digital camera pictures as Ive lost my USB cable for the past few months. Now when I insert the card the green light flashes on and off for a few minutes and then an autoplay box pops up with the torch picture indicating its searching for autoplay but nothing is found. Eventually the green light stays on next to the card reader but when I view my computer nothing comes up for that device where the card is inserted.

I called my computer support and he checked the hardware and said all was fine. He mentioned that I had windows files missing and would need to run my recovery disk which would take me back to day one. Im not happy about taking this option as I have installed way to much on this pc and have to many docs to backup.

I found another thread here https://www.pcreview.co.uk/forums/thread-2317163.php tried following those steps to no success. I had Real Player 10 installed so I uninstalled it. I followed the other steps as well to no avail.

I guess its just something to do with autoplay for the card reader as when I insert a CD autoplay works.

Can anyone help. I really dont want to recover my system from scratch.

Ok Ive ran autoplay fix and it says it repaired a problem to do with a registry entry. Now when I insert the card nothing comes up at all. No search for autoplay just the green led switching on and off and the staying on????????

Last edited:
Back