scrolling up or down appears in frames in IE 6. How do I fix it?

  • Start date Start date

scrolling up or down appears in frames in IE 6 instead of a visually smooth
page ups and downs. Does anyone know why and how to fix it? I've just done a
fresh install of XP SP2.

thanks.

Hi,
In Internet Options> Advanced> Browsing, check "Use smooth scrolling."

Don
[MS MVP- IE]

Thanks Don,
That's already ticked on. Any other suggestions?

Kaushik

kaushik said:
scrolling up or down appears in frames in IE 6 instead of a visually smooth
page ups and downs. Does anyone know why and how to fix it? I've just done a
fresh install of XP SP2.

thanks.

Another possibility... If you're scrolling with the mouse wheel, check mouse
settings to see that it's set to move one line at a time.

Don
[MS MVP- IE]

it was set at 3 lines and now changed back to 1. but still no luck. The
'waves' effect is from mouse wheel and click the scroll bar. It was fine
before I reformatted the PC and reinstalled XP-SP2. Can't figure out what
went wrong?!

"kaushik" <kaushik[at]discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
scrolling up or down appears in frames in IE 6 instead of a visually
smooth
page ups and downs. Does anyone know why and how to fix it? I've just done
a fresh install of XP SP2.

thanks.

Hi,
Maybe someone else will have a better idea, but...

Did the reinstall of XP rollback the graphics driver to an earlier version?
Start at Control Panel> Display> Settings> Advanced for information on your
video adapter/driver including (possibly) a link to the manufacturer's
website. The manufacturer's website should have information regarding
graphics driver versions.

Have you looked through Display Settings> Advanced for a setting which might
cause this?

After the reinstall, did you go to Windows Update for all necessary updates?

Don
[MS MVP- IE]

Back
Top