Scrolling contacts causes Outlook to crash

  • Start date Start date

Hi -

I have a user that when she goes to send a message - she opens her contacts
and scrolls to select a name - Outlook crashes and kicks her out.

OS: Windows 2000 SP4 - Office 2000 SP3 - Outlook - Corporate Email setup -
exchange 5.5

I have run "detect and repair" on her local machine and it still does this.

We also have a Citrix environment MetaFrame XP - Office 2000 sp3 - and it
has the same issue in Citrix also.

Please advise.

Thank you.
-John
Citigate Cunningham Helpdesk

Frequent problem. No consistent solution known. Reported to have helped some
users:
1. Remove/Re-add the Outlook Address Book Service
2. Search for a corrupt address at the location where scrolling crashes the
address book
3. Update video driver.
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
news:[email protected]...

Thank you Russ - it seems that this is a common issue in both the Citrix
environment and the local desktop environment with Outlook regardless of the
version....... and an according to the postings there is no real fix or
solution yet.

The most drastic that I did see is the exporting to a pst file and then
deleting the contacts from the contacts folder and importing them back.....

That is a hard sell to a user that has over 200 business contacts and is
fearfull that we will lose everything.

Thanks again!!

Russ Valentine said:
[...]

It is a common problem, but so far no one has been able to provide the steps
to reproduce it and last I heard, Microsoft couldn't either.

--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]

Russ Valentine said:
[...]