Screen flickering while scrolling

girish.jamkhandi

Dear Sirs,

I have installed XP as well as 2000 Prof in D and C
drives resply. In XP, during scrolling the pg, the text
or image does not move up/down smoothly. In 2000 Prof,
the same thing does not happen, it is very normal.

Also the speed of the computer is slow during XP than
2000 Prof.

Kindly suggest me what to do. Shall I have to reload the
XP with taking pain of re-installing other programs ?

Really it irritates when it is specially slow. Awaiting
your reply as soon as possible.

With thanks and regards,
Girish Jamkhandi
Bangalore
India

Unni Ravindranathan

Girish,

Windows XP has slight more system requirements that Windows 2000. For example, Windows 2000 requires a minimum of 64MB RAM for better
performance whereas Windows XP requires 128MB. Also, display is affected by the Video cards. You can try to download the latest Windows XP display
driver from your Graphics Card manufactures' web-site for your particular graphics card, but its more likely to be a memory requirement issue.

Hope this helps. Thanks.

From: "(e-mail address removed)" <[email protected]>
Sender: "(e-mail address removed)" <[email protected]>
Subject: Screen flickering while scrolling
Date: Sun, 11 Jul 2004 12:31:46 -0700
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.configuration_manage

--

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Use of included script samples are subject to the terms specified at

Note: For the benefit of the community-at-large, all responses to this message are best directed to the newsgroup/thread from which they originated.