scene detection

• Thread starter Thread starter Guest
  • Start date Start date
G

Hi

I have a mini dv camcorder. When I am done capturing video with Movemaker 2, the video comes up as one long clip, no scene detection at all. I have the "create clips" box checked. Also, when I select the one long clip and click on create clips in the taskpane, no clips are created. The program goes through the motions of creating clips but there is still just one long clip. I captured this same movie seperately in movieshaker and the scenes were detected just fine. How can I get MovieMaker to create clips

Joie

See the Importing Source Files > Video > Intro page of my website for a
section about how MM2 handles auto clip detection... with digital sources it
uses timecode data.
--
PapaJohn
www.papajohn.org

RADIO10465 said:
Hi,

I have a mini dv camcorder. When I am done capturing video with Movemaker
2, the video comes up as one long clip, no scene detection at all. I have
the "create clips" box checked. Also, when I select the one long clip and
click on create clips in the taskpane, no clips are created. The program
goes through the motions of creating clips but there is still just one long
clip. I captured this same movie seperately in movieshaker and the scenes
were detected just fine. How can I get MovieMaker to create clips?

Sorry, I don't have an answer. Just wanted to let others know, I have the same problem. Problem only occurs when I capture in DV AVI format. Any other format will create scenes. I am a beginner in video editing. When I started, I tried to capture a few minutes only and it worked. Moviemaker created scenes. However, after I captured 1 hour, it changed. I had one long clip which also doesn't show any 'opening' picture any more. Additionally to being unable to create scenes, I now have a black background with violet coloured rectangulars. I have tried to uninstall, clean up my system and re-install moviemaker, unfortunately that didn't change anything.

Back