Saving Movie Problems

• Thread starter Thread starter Guest
  • Start date Start date
G

Im getting a can not save movie. The 3 issues do not appear to be the problem.

1 - Original files are in place system can get to them
2 - Disk is not full
3 - Destination IS available for saving (hard drive)
4 - Saving file is only 3 seconds in length

Your website was very informative. The information is excellent. Unfortunately my problem seems almost to simple at the moment. 1 clip, original file is (454k) 15 seconds in length. Edited clip is 3 seconds. 18 gigs of HD space, 500 mgs of memory, XP pro OS. Movie Maker version 2.0.3312.0. Still says I can't save movie because of the following. I also erased all collections except this one in case it was trying to read others before it processed this one. It's almost as if it doen't have access to write to my D: hard drive. It looks like a time out issue, but I can't seem to simply the test any further. Original image is located in /tmp off the main hard drive and I'm also saving to the same location under a simple name.

Thanks again for your time.

Your website is VERY informative, but unfortunately it didn't seem to help. The movie I'm saving I've tried in as simple a form as I can. 15 second original clip on the D:/tmp drive which has 18 gigs available. The eited movie clip (1 clip) is only 3 seconds, tring to save it to a simple name also on the D:/tmp drive (different name). 500 megs memory in XP Pro OS. Movie Maker 2.0.3312.0 version. I also erased all other collections in case it was trying to review those before it lokked at the current one. No luck, same error. Can't save movie. It also seems as thought it may be a time out error writing to the physical hard drive, but that doesn't seem to make sense. Thanks again for your time.

My mistake ... it was the 6.5 .DLL file issue. I had 2 of them showing 1 said 9.0 the other 6.5. When I replaced the 6.5 with the 9.0 from your website it fixed the issue. Thank you again so much .. you made my day and helped in a theatre film production. So if you see the movie Archangel in the next year, you'll know you helped to make it ...haha 8-)

Thanks for the follow-up note. I'll look forward to seeing it.
--
PapaJohn
Movie Maker 2: www.papajohn.org
PhotoStory 2: www.photostory.papajohn.org
My mistake ... it was the 6.5 .DLL file issue. I had 2 of them showing 1
said 9.0 the other 6.5. When I replaced the 6.5 with the 9.0 from your
website it fixed the issue. Thank you again so much .. you made my day and
helped in a theatre film production. So if you see the movie Archangel in
the next year, you'll know you helped to make it ...haha 8-)

Back