Save to DV-Camera vaporware?

• Thread starter Thread starter Xavier Onassis
  • Start date Start date
X

Xavier Onassis

Buy reading the many posts with the same problem and trying to troubleshoot
my problem with Movie Maker I've started wondering if the Save to Camera
feature is more vaporware than actual feature.

It would be interesting to hear from users who've actually used this feature
successfully.

Hello Xavier,
I never know your actual problem and if I tell you that I always used Save to Camera feature and most satisfied with it. Actually
my answer has to be explain so you'll understand it better.

Because each of us has a different set-up and it is up to you to understand mine but if you can pick up something useful then use
it --- agree? We don't like disputing, etc.

1. Save to Camera feature is good only if you have a DVD Recorder or VHS Recorder (yes, recorder & player combined feature) and
you must used DV Camera and FireWire cable connect to PC.

2. By using MM2 (or other version) to Capture my video from DV camera. When finish Capturing I press Ctrl A > Ctrl D, do all kind
of video, audio & text overlay editing and cut out those unnecessary and bad footage and Import still picture, etc. Only by using
MM2 we can easily drop & paste anywhere around the video clips to tell our movie story in true right order sequences which I want
for dramatic ending. The trick is you can shoot and shoot to your convenience then arrange later. Also, shoot as many footages as
possible and cut it out later. After editing I must choose Save As then only Save after each additional editing.

3. To Capture I must choose DV-AVI file format to make clear & better DVD movie and I must put every files into a folder and I
wouldn't move or delete them especially the .avi file.
Yes, you can Import Video, Music, Picture, etc other folder or drive but try not to move or delete them before you have Save to
Camera or delete the folder after completing that project.

4. When everything already done in MM2; It's now time to Save to Camera. I can check my total movie length (time) by mouse hover
over the top Time windows just above the Video Timeline and I will set my DV Camera to record my movie footage; select SP for one
hour movie or LP for 90 minute and also set it when DVD Recording to follow or match the movie length; 1, 2, 3, 4 or 6 hrs. The
MM2 program will instruct me what to do and especially I wouldn't disconnect my DV Camera during the saving process --- you must
try disconnect it and plug it again just after the 50% begin to learn more and you'll believe yourself.

5. Save to Camera feature takes forever! I don't know why they cannot design a much quicker process. My 1.5 hrs movie took more
than 16 hrs to finish saving.

6. After save to camera, I now have a well created movie. I can now play it to TV, record to DVD recorder or make a VHS tape with
all editing done in PC or in advance.

7. One important tip: It is better to break the whole movie into 3 or more chapters. Works and save those chapters individually
into DV Camera. This way it save more faster and if you choose to make additional editing you don't have to Save to Camera the
whole movie again. Your DVD Recorder has Stop & Pause button --- use it to catch up your new chapters. More practice will always
makes perfect especially in timing.

I already told you how I works with MM2 to make DVD movie and if you have another DVD player you can make DVD Copy by using a
S-Video cable and audio cable. The copied DVD has the same quality likes your original DVD.

Yes, if you want more faster in DVD burning --- you must use a DVD-RW burner drive and that's a different story and each process
has their own advantages and disadvantages. That is why I also bought a dual layer & dual format burner drive and my DVD Recorder
is a LiteOn LVW-5005 available at Costco.com for $179.99 reg price but they sell for $154.99 only during last Thanksgiving for 3
days.

Hope you can find something useful and all the best,
Rino

Buy reading the many posts with the same problem and trying to troubleshoot
my problem with Movie Maker I've started wondering if the Save to Camera
feature is more vaporware than actual feature.

It would be interesting to hear from users who've actually used this feature
successfully.

Back