"Runtime error : system primitive fail" on executing a 16-bit prog

• Thread starter Thread starter Guest
  • Start date Start date
G

The XP prompts a message "Runtime error : system primitive failed" whenver the PC tries to execute a 16 bit exe file in the server. From the task manager, I can see instances of that 16-bit process and each execution will create an additional process in the PC, that need to be terminated manually.

I suspect the problem lies within the technical structures with the XP itself and the way it handles with 16-bit program.

Have you tried running diagnostics with Dr.Watson or at least see if the logs contain any clues? Have you tried executing the 16bit application launcher manually. wowexec.exe found in your windows\system32 folder to see if this will keep it active? Have you looked in your event viewer to see if there are any application or system errors? Have you run sfc /scannow to see if you have missing or corrupt XP OS files? }:~)

=?Utf-8?B?cGVuZ2NoYW4=?= said:
The XP prompts a message "Runtime error : system primitive failed" whenver the PC tries to execute a 16 bit exe file in the server. From the task manager, I can see instances of that 16-bit process and each execution will create an additional process in the PC, that need to be terminated manually.

I suspect the problem lies within the technical structures with the XP itself and the way it handles with 16-bit program.

I suspect your problem is just that you expect any new MS OS to be fully
compatible with all your old stuff.

Dr. Watson does not log the error in the file. I didn't find see any errors in the event viewer although I have defined the audit tracking. I use the "start" command in DOS prompt to launch the program but it gives the same error message. I also run sfc/scannow and it reports no errors. Any other clues ?

Dr. Watson doesn't log any errors for that error. I check the event viewer and it doesn't show any errors although I have set the audit tracking. I also run sfc/scannow and the files are not corrupt. I use the "start"command in the dos-prompt to launch the program but it gives the same error. Note that the executable file / program is not installed in the XP PC. I create a shortcut to the 16-bit program exe file located in the server.

Any clues for my problem ?

Back