restoring active directory.

Rowan

I recently had a rain failure on my dell 1600sc server. after a reinstall I
booted in active directory recovery mode then used windows 2000 back up to
recover the system selecting recover system state and also the system drive.
basically following the pdc recovery instructions from technet. to my
dismay none of the active directory info was recovered. when i went through
the tape I noticed many of the files were missing. is there a step that I
missed when i did the sytem back up. can someone give me a feew hints ?

David Pharr [MSFT]

The following article outlines the procedure for backing up and restoring
the system state.

240363 HOW TO: Use the Backup Program to Back Up and Restore the System
State
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=240363

David Pharr, (e-mail address removed)