reservation system

  • Start date Start date

rathika

hi

i am designing an application (some what like reservation
systems). assume there are 240 rooms. i want to
show graphically the vacant and occupied rooms

i think we can do that in access. pls. give me some idea

rathika

You can do this in Access, but it will take a lot of
code. You'd use labels or textboxes and set their
backcolors as conditional statements based on the data.

An easier way to do it would be to name each textbox the
same as your room. Then, write a Do Loop to loop through
the recordset and a For Each loop to loop through the
controls, if that room is occupied, set the backcolor to
red, if vacant, set it to white.

It would involve a lot of logic and planning, but it can
be done.

Crystal

"rathika" <[email protected]>
wrote in message news: said:
i am designing an application (some what like
reservation systems). assume there are 240 rooms.
i want to show graphically the vacant and occupied rooms

i think we can do that in access. pls. give me some idea

I'd like to suggest you may want to consider our MetaDraw component
This is ideally suited to your specific application requirements.

MetaDraw will allow you to create and manage the layout within
a control with a Scrollable / Zoomable window so users can access
all 240 rooms without difficulty..

Think of MetaDraw like an enhanced picturebox control
The picture is made up of multple graphic elements - shapes, text,
other images.

You can create the initial layout with code
or you can draw it out with a mouse.

Each shape can be named and independantly manipulated.
You can also assign as many additional pieces of information as you
want with each shape. - For instance you might store the name of
a person in the room, the time the room is rented, the price of renting
that room, or a database record ID pointing to such information

You can trap mouse clicks on any shape and show that element as
selected. You can also read any additional information you have
associated with that room and show this to the end-user in a standard
textbox.

You can search for shapes within MetaDraw programmatically by
name or by any other assigned data ( for instance find and select
all rooms which are "Vacant", or Find and select all rooms with
rental of under $50/day.

You can dynamically change the color, fill style, or text for any room
so as to show Occupied or Vacant status - maybe even use multiple
attributes to show both vacancy and pricing for a room

The entire layout may be saved and reloaded
The entire layout may be printed ( at standard size, zoomed, or reduced)

MetaDraw is Easy to use and Reliable.
I really believe it will meet your needs well

Drop me a note ( please include copy of this message)
and let me know if this sounds like what you are looking for.
I would be happy to send details, and answer any questions.

Jeff

Jeff Bennett
(e-mail address removed)

Bennet-Tec Information Systems, Inc
50 Jericho Tpk, Jericho, NY 11753
Phone 516 997 5596, Fax - 5597
WWW.Bennet-Tec.Com

RELIABLE Component Software
and Software Development Services
* TList/Pro * ALLText HT/Pro * MetaDraw *

Back
Top