res://c:\winnt\system32\shdoclc.dll/navcancl.htm

  • Start date Start date

Hook

I get the error "res://c:\winnt\system32\shdoclc.dll/navcancl.htm"
when trying to access the internet. Machine is running on WIN2K pro
sp4, with IE6. I have logged into the domain as well as the local
machine on a LAN using ethernet. LAN settings, TCPIP properties are
correct. I have reinstalled the O/S and IE6, I've even completely
wiped the Hard disk and reinstalled on both FAT and NTFS formats. I
have deleted and reinstalled my WINSOCK keys. I have deleted and
reinstalled my hosts file. I have deleted and reinstalled LAN and
TCPIP. My registry is clean since I just wiped and reinstalled.
Nothing works. I have a link light on my NIC. I can pull an IP. I
can see the network and other computers on it. I can ping the
gateway, but I can't get past the gateway. Ping to websites delivers
a "request timed out" message. I have released, renewed and flushed
ipconfig. Oh, and before you ask, YES, I have installed a client
version of Norton Antivirus Corporate Edition on the workstation from
the server, but we have 80 other machines running all the same
software and they ALL WORK FINE. What am I forgetting? Monsieur
LeBoeuf? Anyone?

Hi Hook :-)

Try the following and see if it helps:

Download and install a copy of LSPFIX from any of the following sites:
http://www.cexx.org/lspfix.htm
(if your OS is Win2k or XP) The process of removing certain malware may kill
your internet connection. If this should occur, this program, LSPFIX, will
enable you to regain your connection.

If these steps do not resolve your problem, please post back to this thread
with the details and any error messages.

Hope this helps

Jan :)
Smiles are meant to be shared,
that's why they're so contagious.

Please reply to the newsgroup so others may benefit.
Replies are posted only to the newsgroup for the benefit or other readers.

How to make a good newsgroup post:
http://www.dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

Thanks for your reply, Jan :)
Since I recently wiped the drive clean and only reinstalled Windows,
ie6 and Norton Corporate Anti-virus Client, I don't think I have any
remnants of malware or a faulty winsock from the new install, but I'll
try them. I should also mention that I can take the computer to
another site and get on the internet with no problem on a P2P LAN with
a direct broadband connection. So I'm thinking it's a server-client
issue. But I can also plug a different computer into the same port
and surf the web no problem.
Hook

Hi Hook :-)

Hang on.....I'll check with some of the gurus's with 2K (I have WinME) to
see if they can add a bit of input on this issue. But, we'll get you up and
running soon. :-)

Jan :)
Smiles are meant to be shared,
that's why they're so contagious.

Please reply to the newsgroup so others may benefit.
Replies are posted only to the newsgroup for the benefit or other readers.

How to make a good newsgroup post:
http://www.dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

I don't know what to say inasmuch as your PC works fine elsewhere; a
different PC works in the same port at the station you're at...

anyway... since your initial post stated:
res://c:\winnt\system32\shdoclc.dll/navcancl.htm
look here:
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&...2\shdoclc.dll/navcancl.htm&btnG=Google+Search
and here:
http://snipurl.com/9bhs
http://snipurl.com/9bht

HTH -
--

LuckyStrike
(e-mail address removed)
How to make a good newsgroup post:
http://www.dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

LuckyStrike wrote:

Thank you. :-)

Jan :)
Smiles are meant to be shared,
that's why they're so contagious.

Please reply to the newsgroup so others may benefit.
Replies are posted only to the newsgroup for the benefit or other readers.

How to make a good newsgroup post:
http://www.dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

Hi Hook - If you didn't yet try what Jan Il advised, then please do so, then
check to see if you still have the problem:

Download both a copy of LSPFIX here:

http://www.cexx.org/lspfix.htm

AND a copy of Winsockfix
http://www.tacktech.com/pub/winsockfix/WinsockFix.zip
Directions here: http://www.tacktech.com/display.cfm?ttid=257

NOTE: It is reported that in XP SP2, the command netsh winsock reset
will fix this problem without the need for these programs.

Run BOTH, re-booting after each.

--
Please respond in the same thread.
Regards, Jim Byrd, MS-MVP

In

gorros

If you have done all this, wiping HD and reinstalling OS, the only place a virus might be situated is in the bootsektor and in the partition information. Get a free copy of fex. BootitNG, delete everything (hidden partitions fex.) on your HD, and start from there installing the OS.

Hi Jim :-)

Back
Top