Reply problems after importing a PST file via Outlook on Exchange

We are in the process of moving users over from Exchange 2000 to Exchange
2007. We have setup a new forest for the customer and have trust between the
new forest and the old forest.

To move the email for the users we have decided to export their email for
the old Exchange 2000 system to a PST file via Outlook 2003, then move the PC
over to the new domain and import the PST file again via Outlook 2003 into
the new Exchange 2007 server. However when a user goes to reply to an old
email which had been sent by a local user then it fails as the user they are
replying to can't be found, so the user either has to type in the receipents
full email address or choose the user for the Global Address List.

What can we do to solve this problem?

Many Thanks

Clive

We have tried the recomended ways and these actually managed to corrupt our
Exchange 2007 database for some "unknown" reason.

Clive

Roady said:
That is a really really really (!) bad way to migrate your Exchange server.
Before doing anything start reading migration on Exchange first and consider
using this scenario instead;
http://msexchangeteam.com/archive/2006/11/02/430289.aspx

--
Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]

-----
Clive said:
Hi,

[...]

Roady [MVP]

Better ask for support in exchange.setup then. You might want to desribe
exactly what you did and what type of corruption you are refering too.

--
Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]

-----
Hi,

Roady said:
That is a really really really (!) bad way to migrate your Exchange
server.
Before doing anything start reading migration on Exchange first and
consider
using this scenario instead;
http://msexchangeteam.com/archive/2006/11/02/430289.aspx

--
Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]

-----
Clive said:
Hi,

[...]

Unfortunatly we do not have time to start trying to find out why the
procedure caused a corrupt exchange database (we had migrated a couple of
test mailboxes first without any problems)

So if anyone can answer my original question then I would be very gratefull.

Many Thanks

Clive

Roady said:
Better ask for support in exchange.setup then. You might want to desribe
exactly what you did and what type of corruption you are refering too.

--
Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]

-----
Hi,

Roady said:
That is a really really really (!) bad way to migrate your Exchange
server.
Before doing anything start reading migration on Exchange first and
consider
using this scenario instead;
http://msexchangeteam.com/archive/2006/11/02/430289.aspx

--
Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
http://www.howto-outlook.com/

-----
Hi,

[...]

Make an X400 entry of the old user. This is done automatically when doing a
Move Mailbox.

--

Roady said:
Better ask for support in exchange.setup then. You might want to desribe
exactly what you did and what type of corruption you are refering too.

--
Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]

-----
Hi,

:

[...]

Allen Sadler

I have a fix for this....I ran into this problem exactly. No corruption possible with this solution. We can convert PST's in place to resolve this. This also applies to calendaring issues if you haven't noticed already.

Contact me if you still need this.

(e-mail address removed)

http://www.eggheadcafe.com

Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

Sigh....

--
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

reading.

After furious head scratching, Allen Sadler asked:

| And also here is a link to your solution...guaranteed!
|
| http://www.exois.com/pstmodification.php
|

| EggHeadCafe.com - .NET Developer Portal of Choice
| http://www.eggheadcafe.com

Gordon

And also here is a link to your solution...guaranteed!

http://www.exois.com/pstmodification.php

http://www.eggheadcafe.com

Please note:
This is NOT a chat room and You are NOT posting to a forum run by
Eggheadcafe - you are actually posting to a global Usenet Newsgroup. You
will get a far better experience if you use a newsreader and subscribe to
these groups directly, rather than through Eggheadcafe.

If you must stay with Egghheadcafe then please follow Usenet custom by
quoting the post you are replying to, and replying to the thread.

Thank you.

Brian Tillman

Allen Sadler said:
I have a fix for this....I ran into this problem exactly. No
corruption possible with this solution. We can convert PST's in
place to resolve this. This also applies to calendaring issues if
you haven't noticed already.

Please quote the message to which you're replying. We have no idea ito what
context this applies.
Contact me if you still need this.

I hope that wasn't an important mail address because you're just guaranteed
the delivery of spam and viruses to it by publishing it in a newsgroup.

Gary VanderMolen

Gordon said:
Please note:
This is NOT a chat room and You are NOT posting to a forum run by Eggheadcafe - you are actually posting to a global Usenet
Newsgroup. You will get a far better experience if you use a newsreader and subscribe to these groups directly, rather than
through Eggheadcafe.

If you must stay with Egghheadcafe then please follow Usenet custom by quoting the post you are replying to, and replying to the
thread.

Thank you.

You might as well be lecturing to the wall.

cjohnso3

Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003http://www.howto-outlook.com/

[...]

Clive- Hide quoted text -

We had the same problem and just picked up a really cool tool from
www.priaosft.com that solves this problem and well as a problem with
users having to re-create all calandar entrys due to the migration.
And its moving close to 7gb per hr.

Hope this helps.