Remove space between paragraphs

I have tried everything that I can think of to remove lines between
paragraphs. I would like no single line space and frontpage seems not able
to let me do this.

please help.

Thomas A. Rowe

use SHIFT+ENTER

WEBMASTER Resources(tm)

FrontPage Resources, WebCircle, MS KB Quick Links, etc.

Steve Easton

Not quite sure what you're asking here.
However, when adding text to a page, Shift+Enter will always create a new line with no space.

--
Steve Easton
Microsoft MVP FrontPage

?

=?Windows-1252?Q?Rob_Giordano_\=28aka:_Crash_Gordo

Shift+Enter

| I have tried everything that I can think of to remove lines between
| paragraphs. I would like no single line space and frontpage seems not able
| to let me do this.
|
| please help.

?

=?Windows-1252?Q?Rob_Giordano_\=28aka:_Crash_Gordo

however this will not give you a true new paragraph.
upon re-reading your op, not sure what you really want.

Shift+Enter

| I have tried everything that I can think of to remove lines between
| paragraphs. I would like no single line space and frontpage seems not able
| to let me do this.
|
| please help.

Stefan B Rusynko

If you want to maintain paragraphs and 0 spacing between them you will need to apply a style (CSS) to the <p> tag using a margin (in
the HEAD section of your page)

p {
font-size: 12pt;
color: Black;
margin-bottom: 0;
} /* Normal Paragraphs are all single spaced */

--

| I have tried everything that I can think of to remove lines between
| paragraphs. I would like no single line space and frontpage seems not able
| to let me do this.
|
| please help.

Murray

Yes - good call. In fact, shift-enter may well give him what he DOESN'T
want - that is a hard coded line break in text that should flow.

The best solution is to use CSS to change the inherent margin on the <p>
tag.

--
Murray

wrote in message Shift+Enter

| I have tried everything that I can think of to remove lines between
| paragraphs. I would like no single line space and frontpage seems not
able
| to let me do this.
|
| please help.

Murray

Ugh - don't use points on the web! Notwithstanding that, this is the right
way to manage inter-line spacing....

Stefan B Rusynko

Agree
- just pasted that style from an account that insisted on pt
- only the last line is relevant

--

| Ugh - don't use points on the web! Notwithstanding that, this is the right
| way to manage inter-line spacing....
|
| --
| Murray
|
| | > If you want to maintain paragraphs and 0 spacing between them you will
| > need to apply a style (CSS) to the <p> tag using a margin (in
| > the HEAD section of your page)

| > p {
| > font-size: 12pt;
| > font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;
| > color: Black;
| > margin-bottom: 0;
| > } /* Normal Paragraphs are all single spaced */
| >
| > --
| >
| > _____________________________________________
| > SBR @ ENJOY (-: [ Microsoft MVP - FrontPage ]
| > "Warning - Using the F1 Key will not break anything!" (-;
| > To find the best Newsgroup for FrontPage support see:
| > http://www.net-sites.com/sitebuilder/newsgroups.asp
| > _____________________________________________

| > | paragraphs. I would like no single line space and frontpage seems not
| > able
| > | to let me do this.
| > |
| > | please help.

?

=?Windows-1252?Q?Rob_Giordano_\=28aka:_Crash_Gordo

Problems carry over from people not knowing how to use Word...I can't tell ya how many people send me files that use spaces and all sorts of other junk to position their typing...it drive me nuts! Especially when I have to post it on their webs.

| Yes - good call. In fact, shift-enter may well give him what he DOESN'T
| want - that is a hard coded line break in text that should flow.
|
| The best solution is to use CSS to change the inherent margin on the <p>
| tag.
|
| --
| Murray
|
| "Rob Giordano (aka: Crash Gordon®)" <[email protected]>
| wrote in message | however this will not give you a true new paragraph.
| upon re-reading your op, not sure what you really want.
|

| "Rob Giordano (aka: Crash Gordon®)" <[email protected]>
| wrote in message | Shift+Enter
|

| | | I have tried everything that I can think of to remove lines between
| | paragraphs. I would like no single line space and frontpage seems not
| able
| | to let me do this.
| |
| | please help.

Murray

Been there, done that! 8)

--

wrote in message Problems carry over from people not knowing how to use Word...I can't tell
ya how many people send me files that use spaces and all sorts of other junk
to position their typing...it drive me nuts! Especially when I have to post
it on their webs.

| Yes - good call. In fact, shift-enter may well give him what he DOESN'T
| want - that is a hard coded line break in text that should flow.
|
| The best solution is to use CSS to change the inherent margin on the <p>
| tag.
|
| --
| Murray
|
| "Rob Giordano (aka: Crash Gordon®)" <[email protected]>
| wrote in message | however this will not give you a true new paragraph.
| upon re-reading your op, not sure what you really want.
|

| "Rob Giordano (aka: Crash Gordon®)" <[email protected]>
| wrote in message | Shift+Enter
|

| | | I have tried everything that I can think of to remove lines between
| | paragraphs. I would like no single line space and frontpage seems not
| able
| | to let me do this.
| |
| | please help.

Stefan B Rusynko

Lack of understanding (-;
- that's they way all their style sheets were done in some editor and they "liked" it

--

| I'm curious why anyone would insist that you use points? Any idea?
|
| --
| Murray
|
| | > Agree
| > - just pasted that style from an account that insisted on pt
| > - only the last line is relevant
| >
| > --
| >
| > _____________________________________________
| > SBR @ ENJOY (-: [ Microsoft MVP - FrontPage ]
| > "Warning - Using the F1 Key will not break anything!" (-;
| > To find the best Newsgroup for FrontPage support see:
| > http://www.net-sites.com/sitebuilder/newsgroups.asp
| > _____________________________________________

| > right
| > | way to manage inter-line spacing....
| > |
| > | --
| > | Murray
| > |

| > not
| > | > |

| > |
| > |

Murray

They didn't look in enough browsers to make that decision! 8)

--
Murray

Stefan B Rusynko said:
Lack of understanding (-;
- that's they way all their style sheets were done in some editor and they
"liked" it

--

| I'm curious why anyone would insist that you use points? Any idea?
|
| --
| Murray
|
| | > Agree
| > - just pasted that style from an account that insisted on pt
| > - only the last line is relevant
| >
| > --
| >
| > _____________________________________________
| > SBR @ ENJOY (-: [ Microsoft MVP - FrontPage ]
| > "Warning - Using the F1 Key will not break anything!" (-;
| > To find the best Newsgroup for FrontPage support see:
| > http://www.net-sites.com/sitebuilder/newsgroups.asp
| > _____________________________________________

| > right
| > | way to manage inter-line spacing....
| > |
| > | --
| > | Murray
| > |

| > not
| > | > |

| > |
| > |

Andrew Murray

shift-enter: goes to immediate line below(equivalent of <br> tag) where just
[enter] on its own is equivalent of the <p> tag.

Murray

But that's usually the wrong thing to do, since a <br> doesn't have the same
semantic meaning as a <p>, and will cause your text to often break in
strange places if it reflows in the browser.

--
Murray