Remembering user and password

  • Start date Start date

Miles

IE is not offering to remember some users and passwords. That's probably because at some time I said not to remember that particular one. I didn't know that choice would be permanent. Where is that list kept? I need to ok a few. I hope I don't have to start all over again!

Hi,
Some secure sites (banks, etc) don't allow login info to be saved. If you
declined saving of login info for a particular site, try these steps:
1. Go to Internet Options> Content> Autocomplete and make sure that "Prompt
me to save passwords" is checked.
2. Download and install Protected Storage PassView v1.62
http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/pspv.html Run it and delete references to the
sites which are giving you trouble.
3. Use Protected Storage PassView to extract and save all previously saved
passwords, then clear all passwords from Internet Options> Content>
Autocomplete.

Hope this helps,
Don
[MS MVP- IE]

"Miles" <webmilesremove[at]cox.net> wrote in message
IE is not offering to remember some users and passwords. That's probably
because at some time I said not to remember that particular one. I didn't
know that choice would be permanent. Where is that list kept? I need to ok
a few. I hope I don't have to start all over again!

Back
Top