Record navigator not cycling all records

• Thread starter Thread starter Guest
  • Start date Start date
G

I have a form in which the record navigator is not allowing me to cycle all record, although I do have the the Cycle all records set to "Yes". when I open the form the record selector is set to 1 not allowing any navigation of past entries

I though ti had seen a previous post to this effect. Any help is appreciated.

OK if I change the Recordset Type to "Snapshot" I can then navigate all records, BUT I cannot add new records or do any dataentry, which total baffles me since I have the allow edits and allow additions set as "yes". The New record or >* button is not lit as available.

HELP please. I am somewhat of a rookie in access but have several other database's I have created and all those allow record navigation and additions I have compaired properties and am still lost

BDP

OK if I change the Recordset Type to "Snapshot" I can then navigate all records, BUT I cannot add new records or do any dataentry, which total baffles me since I have the allow edits and allow additions set as "yes". The New record or >* button is not lit as available..

A Snapshot recordset is *by definition* read only: from the Help for
Recordset -

Snapshot recordset - a static copy of a set of records that you can
use to find data or generate reports. A snapshot-type Recordset object
can contain fields from one or more tables in a database but can't be
updated. This type corresponds to an ODBC static cursor.
HELP please. I am somewhat of a rookie in access but have several other database's I have created and all those allow record navigation and additions I have compaired properties and am still lost.

You'll need a Dynaset or Table type recordset in order to do your
updating.

Back