Receiving mail Ok sending 0

Mamiwata

Hello

I have the same problem, receiving mails is ok, but sending i have this
message: socket 10053, Error 0X800CCCOF, but I have no problem with
Internet. I don't know how to repair it!!!!
thanks for Help

Mamiwata

Dave

Please post the entire error message. Right-click on it, select Copy, then
paste it into a reply.

d22sgtisp

The host 'stmp.server.net' could not be found. Please verify that you have
entered the server name correctly.
Subject 'test', Account: 'mail.server.net', Server: 'stmp.server.net',
Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 11001, Error Number:
0x800CCC0D

This is the message I keep getting when trying to send mail. Ive deleted and
reentered my account info several times,but no luck. If you can help thank
you.

Mamiwata

Votre serveur a mis fin à la connexion de manière inattendue. Les causes
possibles peuvent être des problèmes au niveau du serveur ou du réseau, ou
une trop longue période d'inactivité. Objet 'Test 3', Compte : 'Travail',
Serveur : 'smtp.free.fr', Protocole : SMTP, Port : 25, Sécurisé (SSL) : Non,
Erreur de socket : 10053, Numéro d'erreur : 0x800CCC0F

it means problems with server or net, or a too long inactivity period, but i
have a good connection with internet so I really don't understand.

I tried every thing without firewall, without avast, nothing is going.

Just one for a few mn i could send a mail without attachement, the curios
thing too is that i can send my mesage to you (newsgroup!!!!).

Thanks

Frank Saunders, MS-MVP OE/WM

Mamiwata said:
Hello

I have the same problem, receiving mails is ok, but sending i have this
message: socket 10053, Error 0X800CCCOF, but I have no problem with
Internet. I don't know how to repair it!!!!
thanks for Help

Mamiwata

Email scanning should be turned off in any anti-virus. Also exclude EML
files from the scan. It provides no protection not provided by the regular
resident protection.
Besides that, McAfee and Norton are not compatible with Windows Mail and
Outlook Express and should be uninstalled. The latest version of Trend's
anti-virus seems to be causing problems too.

Dave

Who is your email provider? It looks like you have the entire SMTP email
server name incorrect.

Gary VanderMolen

This particular problem can have two different causes.

1) If Free.fr is not your ISP, then whoever is your real ISP will block
connections to a different SMTP server on port 25.

2) This can be caused by a non-compatible antivirus. Which
antivirus are you running?

Mamiwata

I have two accounts on windows mail, one with free.fr, pop3 and smtp are
right, and an other account gmx, (allright too I know how to configure it
and controled it very near, it is ok). My provider is free (freebox in
France) it's running under Wifi, could this be a problem???
It worked good before this, so i deleted my both accounts and repeat all
operations but....
i'm going mad (lol) now reception is going bad I just received 1/10 mails
it tells me this:

Compte : 'pop.gmx.net', Serveur : 'pop.gmx.net', Protocole : POP3, Port :
110, Sécurisé (SSL) : Non, Numéro d'erreur : 0x800CCC19

Curios....

Mamiwata

Avast but it worked good for a while!!!!!!!!!!
what I don't understand I'm sending you mails within the newsgroup it is
going but outside no if it has an attachement!!!!

Gary VanderMolen

Newsgroup posts are not emails.
Who is your ISP?

The only way you can rule out Avast as the possible culprit is to
uninstall it, and see if that makes a difference.
In order for Avast to be trouble-free with Windows Mail, it must be
installed using the custom install option, which then gives you the
opportunity to decline installation of the email scanning module.

Gary VanderMolen

I am confused. Are "Mamiwata" and "d22sgtisp" the same person?
If not, you guys are answering questions directed at the other person.

Frank Saunders, MS-MVP OE/WM

This is not the error you gave earlier.
0x800CCC19 TIMEOUT
0x800CCC0F CONNECTION_DROPPED