Read only form fields

• Thread starter Thread starter Guest
  • Start date Start date
G

How can I make a form field read-only? Most of the fields I want to use for data entry, but some I want fixed. For example, if I have a number of projects, I don't want the user to be able to change the name of the project, but I do want them to be able to update how often the project is billed.

Thanks.

Sara said:
How can I make a form field read-only? Most of the fields I want to use for data entry, but some I want fixed. For example, if I have a number of projects, I don't want the user to be able to change the name of the project, but I do want them to be able to update how often the project is billed.

Thanks.

In design mode, open the propeties for the field. On the Data tab,
change 'Locked' to Yes, And/or 'Enabled' to NO.
On the Other tab, setting 'Tab Stop' to NO - stops from tabbing into the
field.

HTH

----- Sara wrote: -----

Thanks.

Hi Sara -
Go to the properties of the field you wish to make read only (in the design view of the form) and set the "Locked" Property to YES and the "Enabled" property to NO. This will keep the field on the form appearing as active but no one will be able to select that particular control. Think of it as placing the data in that control behind a layer of plexiglass -- you can see it but you can't touch it. Hope this helps!!
- Cheers
Sinjin

Back