RAW-Format

  • Start date Start date

Helmut

W2K-Server: One of my Harddisk is shown as Raw-Format, but
it was formatted as NTFS. All of my data are lost! What
can I do to get my data back?

You can use diskprobe to see if the partition total sectors is 1 sector
larger than the total sectors in the boot sector for starters. If they
check out, see if the boot sector information for sectors to MFT is correct.
Otherwise, download software that may be able to recover the data from the
drive.
Joe Griffin [MS]
From: "Helmut" <[email protected]>
Sender: "Helmut" <[email protected]>
Subject: RAW-Format
Date: Thu, 8 Jan 2004 07:16:18 -0800
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.win2000.file_system

W2K-Server: One of my Harddisk is shown as Raw-Format, but
it was formatted as NTFS. All of my data are lost! What
can I do to get my data back?

Hi, Helmut.

There may be other sources, but DiskProbe is included in the Win2K Pro
Resource Kit (about $60 from MS Press, or discounted at several bookstores).
DiskProbe is NOT a tool for newbies!

RC
--
R. C. White, CPA
San Marcos, TX

Where can I get diskprobe?
From: "Helmut" <[email protected]>

W2K-Server: One of my Harddisk is shown as Raw-Format, but
it was formatted as NTFS. All of my data are lost! What
can I do to get my data back?

Back
Top