RAS Server Configuration

We are a wireless company and want to set up a network on Windows 2000 planform. When we configurated our RAS server, an error message was shown as "Windows was unable to add this computer to the list of valid remote access servers in the Active Directory. Before, you can use this computer as a remote access server, the domain administrator must complete this task". How can we fix it? Need hel

Thank you for your time. We are looking forward your replying

Thanks.

Bill Grant

Are you actually running Active Directory? If not, you can ignore the
message.

If you are, someone with domain admin privilege will need to add the RAS
server to the RAS and IAS Servers group.

Wacal said:
We are a wireless company and want to set up a network on Windows 2000
planform. When we configurated our RAS server, an error message was shown as
"Windows was unable to add this computer to the list of valid remote access
servers in the Active Directory. Before, you can use this computer as a
remote access server, the domain administrator must complete this task". How
can we fix it? Need help

Sergio Moreno

Hello,

you can ignore this error is the Win 2k server is a member of an NT 4.0 domain, take a look at the following kb:
Error Message Is Displayed When Setting Up a Virtual Private Network on WGID:324
ID: 260027
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=260027
Otherwise add server to the RAS and IAS Servers group.

From: "=?Utf-8?B?V2FjYWw=?=" <[email protected]>
Subject: RAS Server Configuration
Date: Mon, 3 May 2004 12:51:06 -0700

--
Sergio Moreno
Microsoft Windows Networking

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Use of included script samples are subject to the terms specified at

Note: For the benefit of the community-at-large, all responses to this message are best directed to the newsgroup/thread from which they originated.