Quicktime in IE Window forces IE shut down

• Thread starter Thread starter Guest
  • Start date Start date
G

Hi. I've searched around for this one, haven't found anything. Hope somebody can help.

If I were to watch a .mov in a separate IE window through QT plug-in, the moment I close out the IE window for the .mov, IE reports an error and must shut down. I can provide the error report if you like, but the interesting thing is that the report lists the google toolbar .dll as having to do with the problem. It's confusing.

I can replicate this error over and over again. An important thing to note is that the .mov must be displayed within an IE window--if I'm browsing in IE and come across a .mov that starts up in QT, there's no problem. But if the .mov is embedded in an IE page, I will get an error as soon as I close out the IE page containing the .mov. Then I shut down IE and start over again.

I've never seen this before. I recently re-formatted my HD and reinstalled everything. Prior to the reformat, I never saw these problems with IE, QT, and the google toolbar (if the toolbar has anything to do with this).

Thanks for any and all help.

I'm having a similar problem with Real Player and there doesn't seem to be
any solution but use another video player ...

Alias

jf said:
This is a follow-up with the error signature information.

AppName: iexplore.exe
AppVer: 6.0.2800.1106
ModName: googletoolbar1.dll
ModVer: 2.0.112.0
Offset: 00023b12

Again, note that this only occurs after closing out an IE window that
contained a Quicktime .mov file.

Back