Q328885 for Win2k

  • Start date Start date

Richard Antony Burton

Not quite windows update, but this was about the best group I could find to
post this in.

Can someone supply me with a cop of Q328885. The info page tells me I have
to ask for it from support, but I haven't found where to actually get MSDN
[Universal] support.

Richard.

--------------------
From: "Richard Antony Burton" <[email protected]>
Subject: Q328885 for Win2k
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2004 16:23:34 -0000
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.win2000.windows_update

--

Richard,

The update for the following article was included in Service Pack 4. If for some reason you cannot install SP4 and need the
original hotfix you will need to open a support incident with Microsoft to request it be provided to you. If you only request the
hotfix there should be no charge for the incident.

328885 - CPU Utilization in Services.exe Increases to 100 Percent
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;[LN];328885

The puzzling thing is based on the article number you provided I'm not sure what MSDN has to do with it.

Bill Peele
Microsoft Enterprise Support

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Use of included script samples are subject to the
terms specified at http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyright.htm

Note: For the benefit of the community-at-large, all responses to this message are best directed to the newsgroup/thread
from which they originated.

The update for the following article was included in Service Pack 4. If
for some reason you cannot install SP4 and need the
original hotfix you will need to open a support incident with Microsoft to
request it be provided to you. If you only request the
hotfix there should be no charge for the incident.

How can I go about opening such a request? I couldn't find an option that
wasn't charged, or required contracts I didn't have. How can I be sure that
I'm not going to get charged before I have to hand over my Amex?
The puzzling thing is based on the article number you provided I'm not
sure what MSDN has to do with it.

I was under the impression an MSDN subscription entitled me to some level of
product support, where I might ask for such a hotfix (and without charge),
but the best I was able to find was this newsgroup.

Richard.

--------------------
From: "Richard Antony Burton" <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: Q328885 for Win2k
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2004 17:14:34 -0000
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.win2000.windows_update

[...]

You have to start on the standard, charged, support line. The one for Developers is (800) 936-5800 per the web site below.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;en-us;prodoffer11a&sd=GN

The note below is from the article.

NOTE: In special cases, charges that are ordinarily incurred for support calls may be canceled if a Microsoft Support
Professional determines that a specific update will resolve your problem. The typical support costs will apply to additional
support questions and issues that do not qualify for the specific update in question.

When you get the service rep you need to tell them you are only calling to request the hotfix for article 328885.

Bill Peele
Microsoft Enterprise Support

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Use of included script samples are subject to the
terms specified at http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyright.htm

Note: For the benefit of the community-at-large, all responses to this message are best directed to the newsgroup/thread
from which they originated.

Back
Top