pull from one table - save in another

• Thread starter Thread starter Guest
  • Start date Start date
G

Greetings

Please bear with me as I try to expain this..

I have 2 tables with the same common thread; a project number. The master table is linked to a third-party source with a read only status. We're able to query, etc on this master file, no problem. Since the third party constantly maintains the table/adds new project numbers, we need to keep note (memos) on the work that we've done so far. The second table is where we keep track of the project notes so there are two columns - Project Number (indexed, no dupilcates) and Project Notes (Memo)

We have a form that is linked to the second table so that when the person types in the project number, any notes that exist in the second table will pull up in the Project Note window. If the project number does not exist in the second table, it's added as a new record. What I would like accomplish using the form is to be able to pull the list of project numbers from master table so that every current project is available. Like above, if the person pulls up a project number from the master table, the respective notes would be pulled from the second table. When the person saves the information on the form, it gets saved to the second table

Or... is the solution possibly easier with an update query to save new information from the master table to the secondary table? Any help would be greatly appreciated..

Please disregard..

I answered my own question... Run an update query on the secondary table with values from the first table. Use the second table exclusively on the form. No problems.... :)

Back