Properties dialog box

  • Start date Start date

I have been developing an Access application in 2002, when the Properties
dialog box stopped appearing. No matter whether I try to open it from the
pop-up menu, the toolbar bar icon, or from the View menu, I cannot see the
Properties box. I tried closing and reopening the database several time and
rebooted the computer, but I cannot get the properties box back. I don't know
what I did that might have caused this, but without the properties I am
pretty much dead in the water. I really don't want to have to write every
property in code. Any help appreciated.

Following my SIG is the result of a GoogleGroups search.
http://groups.google.ca/groups?as_q...81&as_maxd=12&as_maxm=9&as_maxy=2005&safe=off

--

HTH
Stephen Lebans

Newsgroups: microsoft.public.access.gettingstarted
From: jmacleod<nospam>@microsoft.com (Jeffery MacLeod) - Find messages
by this author
Date: Mon, 06 Jan 2003 17:46:40 GMT
Subject: RE: Properties menu not displaying
| Report Abuse

Hi,

You may want to try the following, I have seen this resolve the issue in
the past.
I believe the property sheet has just been moved out of view off the screen.

You can move the Properties window back into view in the following way:

1. If the form currently has the focus, press ALT + F6 to give the
"hidden" Properties window the focus.

2. Press ALT + Spacebar, then the M key to invoke the Move command
from the Properties window's Control menu.

3. Use the arrow keys to position the Properties window where you want
it.

4. Press ENTER to "drop" the window in its current location.

I hope this helps.

Thank you for working with Microsoft Developer Support for Access,

Jeff MacLeod, MCSD

Back
Top