Proper way to export custom Toolbars ?

Hi;
I have a custom toolbar for my club project. When I send the project to
another user using Excel 2000 the toolbar gets lost. I am using OfficeXP.
We both have WindowXP.

I have attached my toolbar with each new update to my project. But at his
end, an older version of the toolbar is loaded instead of latest unless he
goes to C:\Documents and Settings\username\Application Data\Microsoft\Excel
and removes the *.xlb file.

This project and its toolbars is a work-in-progress. I expect several
updated versions of the toolbar to be produced. I have read John
Walkenbach's Manual re: Programming with VBA (Excel 2000). He suggests
re-creating the toolbar with each use as a macro. This seems like a lot of
unnecessary work -- I will do it, if that is the only real answer. I have
also googled etc. for an answer.

My question is: What would be the proper (professional) way to create
toolbars for a project that might be used on a number of (not necessarily
every) modern Microsoft OSs? Or, is there a trusted site that gives advice
and/or work arounds that I should read?

I am not a professional programer, but I would like to do things right.

Regards Bill

Tom Ogilvy

when you send an attached toolbar, if a toolbar with that name already
exists, then the new toolbar is not used. Have your workbook_Open routine
delete the existing toolbar and your new attached toolbar should be used I
would think. If not, have the user delete it.

Creating a toolbar with code is pretty straightforward.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/archive/default.asp?url=/archive/en-us/office97/html/web/008.asphas some information--regards,Tom Ogilvy"Bill Case" <[email protected]> wrote in messageHi;> I have a custom toolbar for my club project. When I send the project to> another user using Excel 2000 the toolbar gets lost. I am using OfficeXP.> We both have WindowXP.>> I have attached my toolbar with each new update to my project. But at his> end, an older version of the toolbar is loaded instead of latest unless he> goes to C:\Documents and Settings\username\ApplicationData\Microsoft\Excel> and removes the *.xlb file.>> This project and its toolbars is a work-in-progress. I expect several> updated versions of the toolbar to be produced. I have read John> Walkenbach's Manual re: Programming with VBA (Excel 2000). He suggests> re-creating the toolbar with each use as a macro. This seems like a lotof> unnecessary work -- I will do it, if that is the only real answer. I have> also googled etc. for an answer.>> My question is: What would be the proper (professional) way to create> toolbars for a project that might be used on a number of (not necessarily> every) modern Microsoft OSs? Or, is there a trusted site that gives advice> and/or work arounds that I should read?>> I am not a professional programer, but I would like to do things right.>> Regards Bill