Problems with Internet Explorer???

  • Start date Start date

BMS

I'm not sure where my problem originates. I am able to
dial up, but after clicking on internet explorer begin to
notice problems. Sometimes it never loads and other times
it takes forever (up to 20 minutes). It always eventually
shuts me down. Like I said, don't know if it's an Internet
Explorer problem or something else. One of the errors I
receive is:

Iexplore has caused an error in KERNEL32.DLL

I don't seem to notice a problem using any other programs
(Works, Photoshop, CDs, etc...)

Any ideas???

Hi,
Another program is interfering with IE- possibly an adware, spyware,
parasite program.
From Control Panel> Internet Options> Advanced> uncheck "Enable third party
browser extensions."
If that helps, then see: Dealing with Unwanted Spyware and Parasites:
http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/unwanted.htm
You should run CWShredder, Ad-aware and Spybot. Also note the security tips
on that page.
Or...
A legitimate program running in the background may be causing this. Disable
(for diagnostic purposes) programs such as pop-up blockers, security,
anti-virus, etc. Also... notorious for causing problems- Gator, Kazaa and
some others.

There are other possibilities for KERNEL32 errors, including corrupted or
outdated video drivers
http://www.mvps.org/inetexplorer/answers.htm#kernel32
Start at Control Panel> Display> Settings> Advanced for information on your
video adapter/driver including (possibly) a link to the manufacturer's
website.

Additional information at:
http://www.colba.net/~hlebo49/erriexpl.htm#ERRKERNEL32.DLL
http://aumha.org/win4/a/kernel32.php

Hope this helps,
Don
--
MVP IE/OE
Please reply to the newsgroup so that others may participate.

"BMS" wrote in message news:[email protected]...

Back
Top