Problems Saving/Viewing Photos

• Thread starter Thread starter Guest
  • Start date Start date
G

I just switched to XP 3 days ago after using Me, and I don't know how to solve this problem...
I have tried saving some pictures by right-clicking on them. These are jpeg pictures, but when I try to save them, the only types of files I can save them as are either art or bitmap. Some of these pictures end up showing up as "files" after saving them.
I have tried saving them as both art and bitmap files, and I am not able to view either version after saving them to My Pictures. I also can't see a preview of them. Sometimes it asks what program I would like to use to open them. After trying several programs some of them open with Windows Picture and Fax Viewer, but I keep having to tell it to use that program, no matter how many times I try to view that picture.
Without having the pictures I CAN view in jpeg format, I am not able to use them in my photograph software.
Also, Windows Me had an area on the My Pictures menu (on the left side) that would give you details of the photo and a preview, and XP is not doing that for me either.
Any help I can get with this problem would be greatly appreciated.

Back